A Positioning Odyssey: our history in safety-critical GNSS positioning and navigation
NovAtel has been building technology since the beginning. Our dedication to the field led to collaborating with governments as they prepared their GNSS services, and the FAA for functional safety used for autonomous landing and take-off of commercial aircraft.
NovAtel has long been recognised as a leader in the GNSS community. Our technology and expertise are used for autonomous applications in the most extreme environments imaginable where vehicles are necessary, but safety is paramount.
NovAtel products have been used since the beginning of positioning innovation for...
- The first Navstar satellites
- The WAAS for the US Government and FAA
- The first autonomous in-air refueling
- The first GPS-aided, unmanned helicopter landing on a moving ship
- NASCAR vehicle tracking
- Hurricane and Severe Storm Sentinels for NASA
- Space vehicles for NASA, Virgin Galactic, the Orion manned mission to Mars and others
Having been involved in this field since its creation, NovAtel is the primary choice by leaders in the industry that drive the autonomous revolution with safety requirements. We recognise that the standard for autonomous cars and trucks is not to be as good as humans, they must be better than humans.