Navigation Superiority Starts With NovAtel
Success is critical in military and defense applications. NovAtel has been a leader in this domain for over 25 years, producing innovative technology which ensures accurate, reliable and precise position and time measurements for successful military operations.
The contested use of the electromagnetic spectrum and cyberspace is an intensifying daily problem. Wherever you operate, on land or sea or in the air, space or cyberspace, NovAtel is ready to support you in the fight to assure the availability of robust position navigation and timing (PNT) data. NovAtel will be your technology partner in Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) - the part of Cyber Electromagnetic Activity (CEMA) that ensures proper Assured PNT.
The threat to PNT from jamming, which seeks to overpower the sensors, increases friction in military tactics by slowing down targeting procedures and adding difficulty to operations. And spoofing which falsifies data raises the stakes by deceiving the system. Additionally, GPS and GNSS receivers are often embedded in complex systems and the consequences of jamming or spoofing may not be apparent until they are actually experienced.
Fortunately NovAtel, as a trustworthy and experienced original equipment manufacturer (OEM), can help; we cover the NAVWAR bases with a strong pedigree in GNSS protection with robust OEM7 multi-constellation multi-frequency receivers, GAJT GPS Anti-Jam Technology and SPAN GNSS Inertial Navigation Systems. For situation awareness, OEM7 receivers provide the Interference Toolkit (ITK) and the growing suite of counter-spoofing technology; and GAJT gives indications of jammer presence and direction-finding.
CEMA Defense gives protection from interference and intentional jamming so PNT data are continuously available.
- GPS Anti-Jam Technology: GAJT mitigates jammers to ensure that the continuous signals required for calculating position and time remain available.As with all NovAtel products, GAJT is commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) to ensure short order lead times and quick deployment.It integrates easily into new platforms or can be retrofitted on existing and legacy military fleets.As well as protection, data messages are provided to indicate the presence of jammers and newer models provide jammer direction finding.
- OEM7 GNSS Receivers: NovAtel’s multi-frequency, multi-constellation receivers provide unsurpassed signal availability in challenging signal environments.Designed for product quality and ease of integration, all OEM7 receivers can host your own firmware through an application programming interface (API).This allows the use of customer-designed navigation engines or the hosting of guidance and control algorithms, which can reduce the overall number of boards in a system.
- SPAN GNSS Inertial Navigation Systems: SPAN tightly couples NovAtel’s GNSS receivers with Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) for reliable, continuously available 3D position, velocity and attitude—even during periods of satellite signal unavailability.
CEMA Situation Awareness for intelligence surveillance & reconnaissance (ISR) is needed for intelligence preparation of the battlefield, conduct of operations, and cueing countermeasures. And it has growing importance in attribution - pinpointing the origin of the jamming. NovAtel’s situation awareness technology detects, locates and characterizes jammers and interference.
- GPS Anti-Jam Technology: As well as defending the PNT system, GAJT provides data messages to indicate the presence of jammers and newer models provide jammer direction finding.
- OEM7 Interference Toolkit (ITK): NovAtel OEM7 receivers carry the Interference Toolkit (ITK) firmware that enable users to monitor in-band GNSS signal spectrum for interference.Add-on options enable mitigation with filters, and ITK can be used as a sensor in jammer location systems.
- Waypoint: Our post-processing software (GrafNav, GrafNet and Inertial Explorer®) are used to analyze position, velocity or attitude. The software has the ability to process previously stored GNSS and IMU data forward and reverse in time to combine the results. The solution can be smoothed and output at the required data rate, and in the coordinate frame required.
Incidents of CEMA Attack are on the rise with adversaries disrupting PNT; often this occurs before any recognized armed conflict.
For more information, please contact us using the form on this page.