NovAtel receivers track GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo on several frequencies in order to achieve the precision and performance we are known for. Other devices operating in the increasing crowded radio frequency spectrum can routinely cause unintentional interference within the GNSS signal bands. To combat interference NovAtel has developed the Interference Toolkit for our receivers to measure the RF spectrum levels and apply mitigation tools to protect the GNSS measurement quality. This maintains high-quality multi-frequency multi-constellation positioning performance even in challenging RF environments.
- Easy to monitor, quantify and remove interference sources impacting receiver performance
- Manually implement and manage digital filters to remove interference
- Use automatic mode for intelligent interference detection and mitigation
- Before/after performance indicators show digital filter effectiveness
- Included on all OEM7® platforms
Band Pass Filter Mitigation
The Interference Toolkit includes two main components:
- Spectrum analysis output
- Advanced signal processing and digital filtering
The spectrum analysis output looks just like the output from a spectrum analyzer, plotting signal levels on the vertical axis over a range of frequencies on the horizontal axis. The spectral analysis tools on all NovAtel OEM7™ receivers show how much signal power is being sensed across the different GNSS frequency bands. If an interference signal is present, it can be seen in the spectral analysis output plot. The receiver outputs this data as a string of easy-to-plot numbers. NovAtel also offers a free software tool users can run to plot the spectral analysis output on a computer.
Software applied signal processing and digital filters are built into all OEM7 boards. These processing techniques can be used to mitigate interference, allowing the GNSS signals to track and the receiver to continue to operate normally.
- Aerospace GNSS/GPS Applications | GPS Aerospace
- High-Precision GNSS for Agriculture | Precision Farming | Agriculture GPS
- High-Precision Positioning for Autonomous Vehicles
- High-Precision GPS for Construction, Mining and Industrial Applications
- Defense and Military GPS Applications
- NovAtel High-Precision GPS for Marine Systems
- NovAtel High-Precision GNSS for Mobile Mapping
- GNSS Signal Monitoring
- NovAtel High-Precision GNSS for Survey and Mapping
- NovAtel High-Precision GNSS for Timing Applications
- NovAtel High-Precision GNSS for Unmanned Systems and Drones