PNT from and for space: What are the steps necessary to make LEO positioning a reality?
Sputnik launched the satellite age decades ago and now swarms of constellations orbit the Earth, delivering new navigation and communications capabilities and services. Low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites are the next step in space-based innovation, but what are the steps necessary to make LEO positioning a reality?
What you will learn:
- The effects of orbital height on the space vehicles and transmitter power
- Considerations for frequency selection
- Potential roles for 5G “base stations” in space
- Specific challenges of using GNSS for positioning in space
Our expert speakers:
- Stig Pedersen, Vice President and General Manager of Antcom at Hexagon's Autonomy & Positioning division
- Sandy Kennedy, Vice President of Innovation, Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division
- Logan Scott, GNSS/GPS Expert Consultant