- What information do we collect?
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
- How do we use, share and disclose your Personal Information?
- How do we protect your Personal Information?
- How long do we keep your Personal Information?
- Your Rights
- Website Links
- How to contact us
Personal Information means any information about an identifiable individual. This may include a singular identifier or a collection of information which may identify an individual. It does not include any information which has been anonymised. Hexagon Positioning Intelligence may collect, use, store or transfer the following types of Personal Information about you, as illustrated below:
- Personal Identifiers such as names, titles, usernames, your country of origin and the company you are employed by.
- Contact Data such as email addresses, contact telephone numbers and postal addresses.
- Enquiry Data includes any Personal Information which you might submit to us in the form of an enquiry.
- Transaction Data shall include details of the interactions you and/or your organisation have had with Hexagon Positioning Intelligence in areas such as the sale and purchase of goods and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data shall include any marketing and communication preferences, industry interests and your engagement history with us which help us to ensure that our marketing remains relevant.
- Usage Data shall include information about how you use our websites, products and services.
- Technical Data shall include any login data used to access our products and services, IP addresses, browser types, time zone and location, operating systems and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Sensitive Personal Information and Children
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence employs special security measures to protect sensitive Personal Information commensurate with the sensitive Personal Information collected. Hexagon Positioning Intelligence does not actively collect any special categories of Personal Information about you (i.e. race, ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, trade union membership and genetic and biometric data) and we would encourage you not to share any such information with Hexagon Positioning Intelligence.
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence products and services are not offered for sale to minors. As such, Hexagon Positioning Intelligence does not collect Personal Information about children.
You may provide us with your Personal Information directly when:
- Attending webinars, training and tradeshow events;
- Undertaking business with Hexagon Positioning Intelligence;
- Interacting with our website(s);
- We are providing you with technical support;
- You are providing us feedback on our products and services;
- You are attending at our premises;
- Updating and upgrading products and service delivery;
- Pursuing career opportunities with us.
Automated collection of Personal Information
Third party or publicly available resources
We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public resources as permitted by law:
- We will collect Personal Information from third parties such as:
- Technical, payment, credit and delivery services who may provide us with your Personal Identifiers, Contact and Transaction Data;
- Data brokers, aggregators, suppliers and search information providers who may provide us with Personal Identifiers and Transaction Data;
- Publicly available resources such as government company registration websites and debarment and sanctions lists which may provide us with Personal Identifiers and Contact Data;
- Due Diligence brokers, suppliers and search information providers pursuant to commercial transactions or other corporate transactions who may provide us with Personal Identifiers, Contact and Transaction Data.
- We will collect Personal Identifiers, Contact and Marketing and Communications Data from tradeshow hosts, academic, research and industry associations.
- We will collect Personal Identifiers and Contact Data from our customers where a customer has given us such information to fulfill our contractual obligations.
- We will collect Personal Identifiers and Contact Data from the internet and social media if you have interacted with our content on social media or if necessary for lead verification purposes.
- We will collect Technical Data from analytics providers and advertising networks.
Processing and transferring of your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information when applicable law allows us to and where:
- It is necessary for our assessed business purposes and legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- We need to comply with a legal obligation;
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter with you (recruitment only);
- You have given your consent; or
- There is a vital or public interest to do so in accordance with the law.
Below we have set out a range of activities where we may use, share or disclose your Personal Information. This information includes the types of Personal Information used and the justification for such processing activity:
- When we are processing and delivering orders and payments for our goods and services, including repairs, upgrades and/or replacements, we will need your Personal Identifiers, Contact and Transaction Data to fulfil the order placed by you on behalf of your company. The collection, use and storing of this Personal Information is in our assessed legitimate interest so that we can fulfil orders placed with us.
- When we are managing and supporting our customer relationship with you and your organisation we may store and process your Personal Identifiers, Contact, Enquiry, Usage, Transaction and Marketing and Communications Data for our assessed legitimate interests to follow up on enquiries and purchases, and to obtain feedback on how we can improve our products and services.
- Depending on where you are located, we may share the aforementioned Personal Information with our registered agents, dealers and distributors to better service your business needs. The collection, use and transfer of this Personal Information is necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to understand how our customers our using our products and services and so that we can make improvements.
- To enable you to access white papers, videos, webinars and other technical content published by Hexagon Positioning Intelligence and its partners, we will require to collect, use and store Personal Identifiers, Contact and Technical Data necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to follow-up to provide you with supplementary information and recommend similar future content.
- To administer and protect our business and websites we will collect, use and store Personal Identifiers, Contact and Technical Data necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to run our business, provide administration and IT services, network security and prevent fraud and where necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you, we will collect, use and store Personal Identifiers, Contact, Transaction, Technical, Usage and Marketing and Communications Data necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to develop our products and services, to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences we will collect, use and store Personal Identifiers, Contact, Usage and Technical Data necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you, we will collect, use and store Personal Identifiers, Contact, Transaction, Technical, Usage and Marketing and Communications Data necessary for our assessed legitimate interests to develop our products and services and to develop our business.
- To provide our goods and services, we will share Personal Identifiers, Contact, Transaction, Technical, Usage and Marketing and Communications Data with our group of companies for our assessed legitimate interests to assist with administrative tasks and security measures associated with the provision of our goods and services.
- To support our business operations and to protect our legal rights, we will share Personal Identifiers, Contact, Transaction, Technical, Usage and Marketing and Communications Data with third party professional advisors (such as auditors and financial and legal advisors) for our assessed legitimate interests to maintain and protect our business.
- To verify information (including Personal Information) that you have provided us with in connection with transactions, we will share Personal Identifiers, Contact and Transaction Data with third parties for our assessed legitimate interests to verify the accuracy of such information.
- To comply with laws, law enforcement agencies (such as fraud prevention agencies) and pursuant to regulatory requests, we may require to enable access and use of your Personal Information for our assessed legitimate interest to detect and prevent crime and to prevent regulatory non-compliance and to otherwise comply with the law.
We provide you with choices regarding certain use of Personal Information, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may send you marketing communications if you engage with us in activities such as participation at trade booths and trade shows or engagement on our social media sites about the goods and services we offer and the requesting of information from us. We will provide you with a mechanism to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications.
Where required by law, we will ask for your express consent to undertake certain marketing activities. We will also provide a mechanism for you to withdraw that consent at any time.
Aggregated Data and Anonymised Data
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as scientific, statistical or demographic data for business or regulatory purposes. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
When you access our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data that is anonymised and not personally identifiable such as type of internet browser and computer operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits; average time spent; pages viewed; search terms used and search analytics. We may use this information to measure the use of our website and improve its content.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
Personal information shall be kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. We take a number of technical, organisation and administrative precautions to ensure appropriate security of your Personal Information, to guard against unauthorised and unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will notify any relevant supervisory body for data privacy in the event of a data security breach in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note that we use cloud-based services to store information. Where Personal Information is stored or processed outside of your local jurisdiction, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and may be accessible to that jurisdiction's governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence has an international network of offices which assist in providing its products and services, and general business operations. As such, we are a global organisation. Where you are located within the European Economic Area (EEA), your Personal Information may be transferred to a company outside of the EEA who work for us or to one of our service providers. Whenever we transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA we will ensure that an appropriate safeguard is in place.
Where your Personal Information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA such as Canada (limited to commercial organisations), Switzerland and the US (limited to the Privacy Shield framework), then such transfers will be based on an adequacy decision by the European Commission.
Where your Personal Information is transferred to a country outside of the EEA which is not subject to an adequacy decision of the European Commission, such as Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, the US (to the extent Privacy Shield is not applicable) and Venezuela, then we will use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other approved measure to ensure a sufficient level of protection for your Personal Information.
We will keep your Personal Information for only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with our data retention policy. Our data retention policy has been determined by considering the following factors: why we collected the Personal Information; how old the Personal Information is; whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it; and whether we need to keep it to protect you or us.
You may have certain rights under applicable law relating to your Personal Information. Where applicable, you are entitled to know and have access to the Personal Information we are processing about you and to receive copies of Personal Information or have it transferred to third parties; you are entitled to have incorrect Personal Information about you corrected; and in some cases, you may request that we delete or refrain from certain processing of your Personal Information. However, deletion or limitation of your Personal Information may result in Hexagon Positioning Intelligence not being able to fulfil its commitments to you or your employer.
Any requests to exercise the above rights must be made in writing or by email to the contact details below. Upon receipt of your request, you will be required to verify your identity. Any such documentation provided shall be used for verification purposes only.
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence responds to requests for access to Personal Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of the request, and may be permitted to an extension under applicable privacy legislation.
Where permitted by law, a fee for reasonable costs incurred may be charged when responding to more complex requests. The individual will be informed of the applicable fee prior to processing such request.
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence will be as specific as possible when describing to which third parties to whom it has disclosed Personal Information.
Hexagon Positioning Intelligence may not always be obliged to comply with a request received from you for deletion, restriction, objection, transferral or portability for specific lawful reasons which will be notified to you at the time, where applicable.
This website may contain links to other third-party websites which may include those of our registered agents, dealers, distributors and business partners. Whilst we endeavour to only link to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we do not control these third-party websites and we are not responsible for the content of their privacy notices. When you click on links for third party websites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of each third-party website.
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Chief Privacy Officer, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact your local supervisory body for data privacy. If you would like help establishing your applicable supervisory body for data privacy, please request assistance from email@example.com.
1The Hexagon Positioning Intelligence group of companies consist of NovAtel Inc., NovAtel America Inc., GPS Solutions Inc., ANTCOM Corporation, Autonomous Stuff LLC, Autonomous Stuff GmbH, Veripos Limited, Veripos (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Veripos (Australia) Pty Ltd, Veripos (US) Inc., Veripos Brasil Ltda, Veripos (Mexico) S.R. de R.L. de C.V. and TerraStar GNSS Limited, that serve as controller, joint controller or controller in common or processor as the case dictates. Hexagon Positioning Intelligence has put in place safeguards through technical and organisational measures, and intercompany agreements to manage the flow of information within its group.How do we collect your Personal Information