Hexagon | NovAtel announces new CPT7 variants03 June 2021
Hexagon | NovAtel is pleased to announce two new CPT7 variants delivering improved inertial accuracy and continuous operations through GNSS interruptions, while maintaining the product line’s lightweight, ultra-compact and low-power offerings. These new variants include wheel sensor support, 16 GB of onboard storage and LED indicators for real-time updates and data logging.
The improved CPT7 enclosure houses the dual-antenna receiver OEM7720, while the single-antenna variant CPT7700 uses an OEM7700 receiver supporting a higher availability of frequencies. Both devices feature a Honeywell HG4930 AN04 IMU to support SPAN GNSS+INS technology for position, velocity, attitude and heave measurements. SPAN technology deeply couples GNSS and INS measurements to better refine position, navigation and timing (PNT) and satellite tracking to enable continuous operation even through GNSS interruptions.
New features of the CPT7 and CPT7700 enclosures supported in the simultaneous 7.08.02 firmware release include:
- Improved inertial accuracy with wheel sensor data support including ticks and direction
- Longer periods of data gathering with smaller payloads through 16 GB of onboard storage for real-time logging of data
- Compact for use where space is at a premium with low size, weight and power
- Delivers continuously available position, velocity, heading, attitude and heave measurements through deep coupling of GNSS+INS technology for better satellite signal tracking
- Simplified design with new LED status indicators
- Enhanced data resolution through optional high IMU data rate (400 Hz)
A full listing of all changes is available in the “What’s New” document included with the firmware download.