Flexible positioning solutions ranging from single-frequency meter-level positioning to centimeter-level Precise Point Positioning (PPP) are available for the SMART2™, effectively eliminating the need for costly hardware replacements as users’ requirements change, since upgrades and subscriptions can be applied directly in the field. The SMART2™ integrates a NovAtel® OEM receiver and antenna in a single, rugged housing, positioning you for success.
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS plus TerraStar correction signal reception
- Optional Bluetooth
- Optional Terrain Compensation
- Simulated radar ground speed output
- Integrated magnetic mounting
- Flexible positioning accuracy from meter-level standalone positioning to centimeter-level using TerraStar-C
- 15 cm pass-to-pass accuracy using TerraStar-L
- Smooth, consistent positions for pass-to-pass applications with optional GLIDE® technology
- Dual-frequency tracking increases position reliability and mitigates ionospheric effects
- Wireless connectivity simplifies integration with tablets and other Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Terrain Compensation corrects for vehicle roll and pitch to improve performance on uneven terrain
- Compact, waterproof, one-piece GNSS receiver solution
- 14-pin connector provides compatibility with existing AG-STAR/SMART6 cabling and installations
|System Type||Enclosed with Antenna|
|General Info||Width (mm)||155|
|Typical Power Consumption (W)||2.50|
|Signal Tracking||GPS||L1, L2, L2C|
|Number of Com Ports||RS-232||3|
|Single Point L1||1.5 m RMS|
|Single Point L1/L2||1.2 m RMS|
|SBAS||0.6 m RMS|
|DGPS||0.4 m RMS|
|TerraStar-C||4 cm RMS 5 cm 95%|
Multi-Constellation for Enhanced Positioning
Capable of tracking GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS signals, SMART2™ with optional multi-constellation tracking improves position availability and robustness in obstructed sky conditions. Dual-frequency tracking minimizes the impact of ionospheric disturbances, further enhancing field productivity.
Access to World-Wide TerraStar Correction Services
SMART2™ can also receive L-Band signals providing easy access to the world-wide TerraStar-L and TerraStrar-C correction signals with a subscription. With TerraStar-C, SMART2™ provides 3 cm pass-to-pass accuracy or 15 cm pass-to pass with TerraStar-L.
Smooth Pass-to-Pass Accuracy using GLIDE®
NovAtel's GLIDE® technology is optionally available on SMART2™ to provide ultra-smooth positioning and exceptional pass-to-pass accuracy, especially suited for manual guidance and auto-steer applications.
Terrain Compensation for Increased Accuracy
With optional integrated Terrain Compensation, the SMART2™ improves guidance and autosteer performance on uneven terrain and slopes by correcting for vehicle pitch and roll.
SMART2™ is available with optional Bluetooth technology that provides wireless connectivity to simplify integration with tablets and other Bluetooth-enabled devices and assist in the development of guidance and mapping applications
Multiple Interfaces for Maximum Flexibility
Three NMEA 0183 compatible RS-232 serial ports, an NMEA2000 compatible CAN port and Bluetooth wireless technology provide maximum flexibility. The SMART2™ also provides simulated radar ground speed output, 1 PPS output, an event mark input as well as a daylight readable status LED. Built-in magnets simplify mounting and fixed mounting is also available.
TerraStar Correction Services
|Software Option and Subscription Required|