TerraStar Correction Services
Long-trusted as a strategic partner for high-precision positioning technology, NovAtel® offers a complete solution using TerraStar® Correction Services delivered directly to your GNSS receiver. Combining over 20 years of GNSS receiver expertise with the highest reliability clock and orbit data from a world-wide reference network means you have assured, reliable positioning anywhere, anytime.
Here’s how we deliver sub-meter or centimeter-level positioning accuracy:
- Superior, independently owned and operated GNSS reference network provides the raw data to generate corrections.
- Corrections processing generates highly precise GNSS satellite orbit, clock biases and other systems parameters that can be delivered globally to any NovAtel receiver.
- Satellite-delivery of the corrections eliminates the need for base stations or cellular data plans.
- The high-rate, low-latency corrections provide NovAtel receivers with centimeter-level accuracy for any application.
TerraStar Correction Services offer a seamlessly integrated solution that delivers global coverage in any environment.
TerraStar Network Infrastructure:
Over 100 GNSS reference stations that are located around the world are operated, maintained and controlled by TerraStar. There are six Geostationary communication satellites, which means two beams are always visible from anywhere on earth. The TerraStar network has three network control centres and back to front line support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
TerraStar premium GNSS corrections combined with NovAtel’s OEM technology offers sub-metre to centimetre-level positioning solution for land, unmanned and airborne applications globally. TerraStar corrections are available as a termed subscription directly from NovAtel.
|Horizontal Accuracy3||40 cm (RMS)
50 cm (95%)
|4 cm (RMS)
5 cm (95%)
|2.5 cm (RMS)
3 cm (95%)
|Pass-to-Pass Accuracy||15 cm (95%)||3 cm (95%)||2 cm (95%)|
||60 cm (RMS)||6.5 cm (RMS)||5 cm (RMS)|
||< 5 min
||< 18 min
|Supported Platform||OEM7, OEM6||OEM6||OEM7|
- Satellite-delivered corrections eliminate the need for base station(s) and cellular network connectivity
- TerraStar corrections superior GNSS reference network, redundant system architecture, continuous quality monitoring
- High rate corrections provide rapid re-convergence, typically in less than 60 seconds following brief GNSS signal disruptions
- OEM positioning technology allows continuous operation through correction signal interruptions up to 300 seconds
- Overlapping geostationary satellite coverage ensures maximal coverage
- Triple L-Band tracking5 allows better correction signals reception—even in challenging environments
- A seamlessly integrated solution from a single source including GNSS hardware and corrections
- TerraStar-L is available on OEM7 products and the following OEM6 products: OEM628, FlexPak6 and SMART6-L products.
- TerraStar-C is only available on OEM628, OEM638, FlexPak6, ProPak6 and SMART6-L products.
- Measured performance from seven-day static data. Horizontal and vertical accuracy may differ based on receiver capabilities, location, GNSS constellation health and visibility, GNSS/L-Band signal obstructions, level of multipath/interference, and local atmospheric conditions.
- Convergence times may vary by several minutes and are dependent on observing conditions including the number of visible GNSS signals, level of multipath and proximity to obstructions like large trees or buildings.
- Triple L-Band tracking is supported only on OEM7 platforms. Most locations have at least two geostationary satellites in view.
TerraStar-X enables RTK From the Sky™ using corrections delivered via L-band satellite to ensure maximum uptime without the additional investment of base station infrastructure or cellular plans. Convergence to 2 cm accuracy is achieved in less than 60 seconds and TerraStar-X service operates seamlessly with TerraStar-C PRO to ensure continuous centimeter-level accuracy for customers operating on the edges of the coverage area.
TerraStar-X Fast Convergence Region:
- Maximum coverage, performance and uptime without the logistics and equipment investment of an RTK network
- 2.5 cm 95% Horizontal accuracy
- 2 cm (sub-inch) pass to pass accuracy for agriculture applications
- Converges in under 1 minute, significantly reducing wait time
- Provides indefinite RTK ASSIST PRO solution for applications where traditional RTK in still required
- Seamless operation with existing TerraStar-C PRO services
Powered by TerraStar, RTK ASSIST enables NovAtel receivers to maintain centimeter-level accuracy during RTK data outages due to radio signal blind spots or interruptions in cellular network connectivity. RTK ASSIST seamlessly works in the background until corrections are recovered, a timeout is reached, or position accuracy degrades beyond a defined threshold.
NovAtel offers scalable solutions including RTK ASSIST2 and RTK ASSIST PRO1 to meet different application needs:
- RTK ASSIST maintains centimeter-level positioning for up to 20 minutes of RTK correction outages
- RTK ASSIST PRO unlocks unlimited RTK assistance, maintaining centimeter-level accuracy for longer RTK correction outages
- RTK ASSIST PRO also provides independent centimeter-level positioning enabling operations in areas where there is no RTK base or network coverage
- Extended RTK operation, which improves productivity by reducing the downtime caused by RTK correction signal outages and cellular signal interruptions
- Automatically compensates for datum differences and other biases to the RTK solution
RTK ASSIST and RTK ASSIST PRO are available as termed subscriptions directly from NovAtel.
- RTK ASSIST PRO is available only on OEM7® products.
- RTK ASSIST is available on all OEM7 products and on OEM628, FlexPak6 and SMART6-L products.
- TerraStar Correction Services Brochure
- Introducing TerraStar-C PRO (ION 2018)
- Advanced TerraStar Services: TerraStar-X and TerraStar-C PRO Application Note
- Datum Transformations & Plate Tectonics Compensation Application Note
- RTK ASSIST & RTK ASSIST PRO Application Note
- Using TerraStar Corrections Application Note
- TerraStar FAQs
- Introducing TerraStar X: ION 2019