GNSS Interference Toolkit
Identifying and mitigating GNSS interference
NovAtel receivers track GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo on several frequencies in order to achieve the precision and performance we are known for. Other devices operating in the increasingly crowded radio frequency spectrum can routinely cause unintentional interference within the GNSS signal bands. To combat interference NovAtel has developed the Interference Toolkit (ITK) for NovAtel OEM7 receivers to measure the RF spectrum levels and apply mitigation tools to protect the GNSS measurement quality. This maintains high-quality multi-frequency multi-constellation positioning performance even in challenging RF environments.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to monitor, quantify and remove interference sources impacting receiver performance
- Manually implement and manage digital filters to remove interference
- Use automatic mode for intelligent interference detection and mitigation
- Before/after performance indicators show digital filter effectiveness
- Available on all OEM7 platforms
The GNSS Interference Toolkit (ITK) includes two main components:
- Spectrum analysis output
- Advanced signal processing and digital filtering
The spectrum analysis output looks just like the output from a spectrum analyzer, plotting signal levels on the vertical axis over a range of frequencies on the horizontal axis. The spectral analysis tools on all NovAtel OEM7 receivers show how much signal power is sensed across the different GNSS frequency bands. If an interference signal is present, it can be seen in the spectral analysis output plot. The receiver outputs this data as a string of easy-to-plot numbers. Software applied signal processing and digital filters are built into all OEM7 boards. These processing techniques can be used to mitigate interference, allowing the GNSS signals to track and the receiver to continue to operate normally.